Attn: Rob Bethel
We believe that you deserve a job you’ll love. Here at MIT, we’re all about total integrity as a company in everything we do. We want our customers’ expectations to be exceeded as we build long-term relationships. That’s why we’re looking for energetic, highly motivated and enthusiastic team members.
We are looking for a full-time Aerial Service Mechanic in the Troy, OH location. This person must be a self-starter, have a positive attitude and be a team player.
Aerial Service Mechanics responds to breakdown service calls for needed repairs and perform scheduled routine maintenance at various customer locations on customer’s aerial lift equipment. The primary goal is to troubleshoot, repair and maintain units at the customer’s location when possible.
- Perform basic to complex repairs on aerial equipment and other material handling type equipment as directed by the service department.
- Conduct thorough inspections of aerial lift equipment to identify repairs that are needed and note all findings on work orders.
- Use proper test equipment for troubleshooting.
- Coordinate with parts department to obtain parts needed for repairs.
- Accurately and legibly complete paperwork such as workorders, timecards, etc. and turn in on a timely basis
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude.
- Keep service vehicles clean and stocked with parts supplies; own the tools needed to perform on a daily basis.
- Comply with all quality and safety policies with our company guidelines.
- Complete required training by manufacturer standards
- Technical degree or experience working on aerial lifts, forklifts, automotive, farm equipment, or other types of heavy equipment. Any electrical or mechanical experience is preferable
- Able to read/understand blueprints, electrical, and hydraulic schematics
- Dependable and timely
- Customer oriented, good people skills
- Organized and self-motivated
- Have basic computer skills.
- Must maintain a safe driving record.
- Strong commitment to teamwork and Beyond World Class Customer Service
We invest in our employees and because of that, we offer perks and benefits such as . . .
- Best in class fringe benefit package-$3.00-$4.00 per hour better than our competition
- Healthcare/Dental Plan-Monthly Employee Contribution of $422 (Family) and $ 97 (Individual) with out of pocket maximum of $4,800 (Family) and $2,400 (Individual). Co-pays and out of pocket maximum locked in through May 2025.
- Short-term disability
- $35,000 Group Life and Accidental/Dismemberment Insurance
- Tool purchase program
- Tool insurance program
- Annual allowance for Work Boots
- 401 (k) / Profit Sharing Plan
- Company Match of 50% up to 6% employee contribution
- Annual Profit Sharing based on company’s performance
- Training-Invested heavily in training programs during Covid19 Pandemic
- No layoffs or furloughs and raises given during Covid 19 Pandemic
Our team environment is family oriented and fast-paced. We are passionate about growing personally and professionally and pushing the limits of our industry is the everyday norm. In this position, you will be able to expand your professional skills and sharpen your abilities.