With the introduction of AC technology has been a major advancement of electric material handling equipment. With the elimination of brushes, contactors and commutators, fewer parts need to be replaced, meaning reduced operating costs. But beyond this, a lot of the advancement is coming from the power supply, your battery and charger.
Engineering chargers and batteries that work the way our customers need them to work have been the key to designing combinations that provide the right amount of power for the right amount of time, and under the conditions they use them. Here at our company, we also call this adding value and solving problems.
Traditionally a multi-shift operation needs two or more batteries, 8 hours of charging, 8 hours of cooling and multiple chargers for varying voltage batteries. When the power begins to fade at the end of the shift, the operator is faced with the decision of changing batteries or opportunity charging (plugging in for short periods of time when it’s convenient). We know that the decision tends to be opportunity charging and this affects battery life and increases costs. High Frequency Smart chargers have changed all of that. The major benefits of this technology includes:
- One charger can charge 36, 48 and 80 volt batteries.
- They use electricity much more efficiently.
- They can be programmed to charge at night, when electricity may be cheaper.
- Opportunity charging is allowed if done properly.
- The 8 hour cooling period is eliminated. This can cut the number of batteries you may need down to one per forklift.
- Battery does not have to be depleted before charging begins.
Let us do a detailed analysis of your fleet to find the correct battery and charger combination to fit your usage and profile!