Your One-Stop Shop for Full Customized Warehouse Design
Your warehouse’s layout may not seem all that important to the casual observer, but it affects everything about your operations, from your workers’ productivity to the efficiency of your processes. Miami Industrial Trucks is proud to be the one-stop shop for a wide spectrum of leading industries looking for innovative warehouse designs and solutions, providing best-in-class service and delivering on our Performance Guaranteed™ promise. No other company offers this level of support and intelligent warehouse design to ensure your operations are running smoothly. We specialize in warehouse design for companies in the Dayton, Findlay, Toledo, and Troy, Ohio area. Reach out to our team today to begin discussing the possibilities. With the right warehouse design, the sky’s the limit!
Comprehensive Warehouse Solutions for Southwest Ohio Companies
Since 1956, Miami Industrial Trucks has had our customers’ best interests at heart. We’re proud to be among North America’s leading suppliers of new and pre-owned forklifts and other equipment. In addition to sales, parts, and service, we offer operator safety training and solutions to help large, multi-location companies manage their equipment fleet and warehouse operations more efficiently. Our warehouse solutions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Comprehensive on-site audits and assessments to streamline processes
- Full warehouse design and planning customized to your specific needs
- The best mix of equipment to lower total investment
- Insights into intralogistics trends and latest industry technology
- Warehouse relocation and consolidation
- Project management delivering on time and on budget
- Installation support and user training to minimize downtime
- A comprehensive range of industry-leading warehouse equipment and supplies
Why Is Your Warehouse Layout Design So Important?
If you’re a warehouse manager, having a practical warehouse layout design is a necessity, not a luxury. Planning your layout gives you an edge over your competitors, as it helps you utilize your available space, increase productivity, and streamline your operations. You want to design the layout to arrange your processes as logically as possible to minimize travel time and workplace accidents, give workers easy accessibility to stored items, and facilitate your order fulfillment needs. It’s best to consider these factors upfront when planning your warehouse design because once construction starts, it becomes more expensive to change your concept.
What Factors Should Be Considered When Designing a Warehouse?
Optimizing your warehouse design and layout gives your company the blueprint for success. It allows you to control labor and equipment costs to help you improve your revenue growth. Our professional warehouse design consultants take all of the following factors into consideration when assisting you:
- Your Budget – We always consider your budget first and foremost when making warehouse design recommendations. It’s not always necessary to undertake the costliest or most elaborate layout design. We’ll help you find the warehouse design solution that best fits your budget without breaking the bank. We pride ourselves on delivering cost-effective warehouse design solutions to accommodate any budget.
- Your Space – Our consultants will help you devise the best warehouse design that makes effective use of your available space. The key to good warehouse design is not to overwhelm your operations. You need to leave enough room for storage and office areas, as well as empty pallets, charging stations, equipment docks, and inventory processing. We can help you maximize your space with customized industrial shelving, racking, and conveyor systems.
- Your Workflow – One of the first things we evaluate during an on-site assessment is your workflow to identify the logical layout that won’t cause unnecessary delays or interruptions. We can help you design your warehouse layout in sequential order to make things run smoothly while giving your personnel accessibility to all warehouse areas and products. This allows for better productivity and fulfillment rates while also minimizing the risk for workplace accidents.
- Your Equipment – Most warehouses contain a lot of heavy, bulky equipment used to transport goods from one facility area to another. We’ll take into consideration your equipment fleet to come up with the most intelligent warehouse design accommodating your conveyor systems, pallet racks, forklifts, packing tools, and more. Our consultants will also keep you well-advised about abiding by industry guidelines to ensure the safety of your equipment and personnel.
- Your Personnel – We’ll examine the size of your workforce to design your warehouse layout to accommodate personnel without impacting their unique productivity, safety, or accessibility requirements. We anticipate both current and future personnel needs to ensure the safest warehouse design possible. Our consultants may ask you about your growth plans when designing your space, as you could end up outgrowing your facility faster than you may realize.
- Your Throughput – Throughput refers to how much is processed or the rate of production at which it is processed. In a warehouse environment, throughput can mean the number of products your facility produces or the various processes you utilize, including picking, packing, receiving, storage, and shipping. Our consultants will analyze your throughput data when determining the best warehouse design to accommodate all of your products and equipment.
Contact Us to Get Started With an On-Site Evaluation Today
Get started on your full customized warehouse design with an on-site evaluation from Miami Industrial Trucks. We would welcome the opportunity to help you create an intelligent warehouse design to streamline your processes and improve your bottom line. Contact us today for more details about our collaborative warehouse design process and customized warehouse solutions for your evolving needs!